.copyrights {display:none !important;} -->

Friday 19 June 2015

Good Will Hunting!!


I know this is an old movie and most of you must have already seen this. But then this is for people who haven't watched it yet. I had heard about this one some time ago and actually forgotten until one of my friends suggested this one. And what better time to watch this than a lazy day when the Mumbai rains make it impossible for you to get out of your room.

The movie is about a young self made genius Will Hunting played by Matt Damon working as a janitor in the MIT , a professor who finds this genius and wants to shape his life as HE wants to and the therapist Dr. Sean Maguire, played by Robbin Williams who helps him to decide what he (as in Will himself) wants to do.

The conversations between Will and his therapist are excellent and are the essence of the movie. Along with that there are many other sub plots , like how in spite of being a genius in other aspects Will is poor with inter-personal relationships, including his love interest; the old time rivalry between Dr Sean and the mathematics professor; how the professor wants the kid to be more like him rather than allowing him to chase what he actually wants to do with his life; his relations with his friends. My personal favorite quote from the movie is when Will's best friend is trying to convince him to utilize his talent instead of wasting it doing labor jobs:

"Alright. No. No no. Fuck you. You don't owe it to yourself. You owe it to me. 'Cause tomorrow I'm gonna wake up and I'll be fifty and I'll still be doing this shit. And that's all right, that's fine. I mean, you're sittin' on a winning lottery ticket and you're too much of a pussy to cash it in. And that's bullshit `cause I'd do anything to fuckin' have what you got! So would any of these fuckin' guys. It'd be an insult to us if you're still here in twenty years. Hanging around here is a fuckin' waste of your time. Every day I come by to pick you up. And we go out we have a few drinks, and a few laughs and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb to when I get to your door. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothing. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that."

Do watch this one if you haven't. You can catch the full length movie on YouTube.





0 comments:

Post a Comment